- 1 bunch Kale
- ¾ cup Cashews
- ½ cup Nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Squirt Lemon juice
- ¼ to ½ cup Water plus more as needed
- I like to use: 1 tbsp. garlic bread spice, 2 tbsp. onion flakes and 2 tsp. Salt
- Some like: Salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper
- Sauce: In a blender combine Cashews, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, spices, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth adding more water as needed. Add more or less seasonings according to taste.
- Kale: Tear leaves off the stems, making sure not to include the spine. Wash and drain( I use a salad spinner) and cut kale into bite size pieces.
- Combine and coat kale with sauce: Pour small amounts of sauce in a bowl , add some kale, squish around until coated.
- Dehydrate: Place a single layer of coated kale on a dehydrator rack. I use my oven that has a dehydrator setting. Set for a minimum of 12 hrs. I like the chips very dry and test for readiness.