Amazing Kale Chips
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1 cup cashews or walnuts
- ½ cup Nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Squirt Lemon juice
- ½ cup Water plus more as needed
- 1 to 2 tsp. Salt (to taste)
- 1 to2 tsp. garlic powder(to taste)
- 1 to 2 tsp.onion powder(to taste)
- Sauce: In a blender combine nuts, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, spices, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth adding more water as needed. Add more or less seasonings according to taste.
- Kale: Tear leaves off the stems, making sure not to include the spine. Wash and drain( I use a salad spinner) and cut kale into bite-size pieces.
- Combine and coat the kale with sauce: Pour small amounts of sauce in a bowl , add some kale, squish around with your hands until coated.
- Dehydrate: Place a single layer of coated kale on dehydrator racks. I use my oven that has a dehydrator setting.135- 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Set for 10 to 12 hrs. I like the chips very dry and test for readiness.